Want a baby over 30? Fat Chance!



I read a new study that suggests you better think twice about when you have children.
   When I was young I was taught by my wonderful but ultra conservative father that the time to have kids was when I could afford them the finer things in life and when I had had a good 6 years of my career under the belt.  I have always felt the same way, so I had always planned my baby- making -time a little before my 30th Birthday. But then I read today that a new study from a university in Scotland shows that women over 30 years old have lost 90% of their eggs-


   This study has been making some women think twice about their career choices and others think the percentage is rubbish. 
Women start off with over 300,000 eggs and each decade gets fewer and fewer, making having a baby at the age of 40 more than difficult with a measly 3% of her overian eggs left.
   Although you can't reverse the biological clock, there are certain factors within your control that have an impact upon your fertility. For example, stopping smoking, keeping your weight down and controlling stress can all slow the loss of fertility- which makes me           feel a bit better, and that my time line might work after-all.  
Dr. Marie Savard, "Good Morning America" medical contributor says that "That biological clock does tick," and adding that her advice to women who want kids is, "the sooner the better."
    
Ugh. These studies always get me- let me know what you think! 

0 Responses to "Want a baby over 30? Fat Chance!" (Leave A Comment)